"The Four Evangelists" by Peter Paul Rubens
Meaning, Authority, and Cannon
June 2-4, 2011 at the University of Notre Dame
Thursday, June 2
11:40am - 1:00pm Peter Enns - Eastern University
"Further Thoughts on an Incarnational Model of Scripture"
- Commentator: Luke Potter - University of Notre Dame
- Chair: Amy Seymour - University of Notre Dame
2:40pm - 4:00pm C. Stephen Evans - Baylor University
"Paradoxicality as a Criterion of an Authentic Revelation"
- Commentator: Tamsin Jones - Harvard University
- Chair: Andrew Dole - Amherst College
4:10pm - 5:30pm Evan Fales - University of Iowa
"Did All That Stuff Really Happen? Did Any of it?: The Question of Myth"
- Commentator: Frederick Aquino - Abilene Christian University
- Chair: Nicholas Wolterstorff - Yale University, Emeritus, and Institute for Advanced Studies in Culture, University of Virginia
7:30pm William J. Abraham - Southern Methodist University
Friday, June 3
10:00am - 11:20am Paul Nimmo - University of Edinburgh
"Friedrich Schleiermacher and the Doctrine of Scripture"
- Commentator: Trent Dougherty - Baylor University
- Chair: Han-luen Kantzer Komline - University of Notre Dame
11:30am - 12:50pm Eleanore Stump - Saint Louis University
"Historical Biblical Studies: Methodology and Theory"
- Commentator: Stephen Fowl - Loyola University, Maryland
- Chair: Alan Torrance - St Andrews University
2:40pm - 4:00pm Kevin Vanhoozer - Wheaton College
"Love's Wisdom: The Authority of Scripture's Form and Content and the Formation of Theological Judgment"
- Commentator: W. Thomas Williams - University of South Florida
- Chair: Frank Spina - Seattle Pacific University
4:10pm - 5:30pm James Beilby - Bethel University
"Verbal Plenary Inspiration Reconsidered"
- Commentator: Lorraine Keller - University of Notre Dame
- Chair: Sarah Lancaster - Methodist Theological School in Ohio
Saturday, June 4
10:00am - 11:20am Andrew Pinsent - University of Oxford
"The Divided Brain and the Spiritual Sense of Scripture"
- Commentator: Timothy Pawl - University of Saint Thomas
- Chair: Kevin Timpe - Northwest Nazarene University
11:30am - 12:50pm D. Stephen Long - Marquette University
"Success as Canons: the Question of Canonical Coherence"
- Commentator: Kevin Diller - Taylor University
- Chair: Ian McFarland - Emory University
2:40pm - 4:00pm Kenton Sparks - Eastern University
"Biblical Authority and the Dark Side of Scripture"
- Commentator: Michael Bergmann - Purdue University
- Chair: Alison Bjerke - University of California, Santa Barbara