All sessions will take place in the auditorium of the Notre Dame Conference Center (McKenna Hall), with the exception of the Friday after-dinner session which will be held across the street in the William and Mary Ann Smith Ballroom at The Morris Inn.
Please note that the University of Notre Dame is in the Eastern Time Zone.
Thursday, May 24
10:10am - 11:20am Teri Merrick – Azusa Pacific University
"Non-deference to Religious Authority: Epistemic Arrogance or Justice?"
- Commentator: Robin Dembroff – Yale University
- Chair: Christa McKirland - University of St Andrews
12:40pm - 2:40pm Lunch Break (on own)
2:40pm - 3:50pm Andrea C. White – Union Theological Seminary
- Commentator: Jill Graper Hernandez – The University of Texas at San Antonio
- Chair: Lailatul Fitriyah – University of Notre Dame
4:00pm - 5:10pm Sameer Yadav – Westmont College
"Race in Recent Theological Reflection: Haslangerian Social Ontology and the New Black Theology"
- Commentator: Jonathan Russell – Chaffey College
- Chair: Koert Verhagen – University of St Andrews
5:15pm Bus departs the conference center to transport speakers, commentators, and chairs to the Speakers’ Dinner.
Friday, May 24
11:00am - 12:10pm Kevin Timpe – Calvin College
"Defiant Afterlife: Disability and Uniting Ourselves to God"
12:10pm - 2:30pm Lunch Break (on own)
2:30pm - 3:40pm Katherine Dormandy – University of Innsbruck
"Disagreement from the Religious Margins"
- Commentator: Trent Dougherty – Baylor University
- Chair: Thomas H. McCall – Trinity Evangelical Divinity School
3:50pm - 5:00pm Blake Hereth – University of Washington
"Transgender Embodiment and Afterlife Justice"
- Commentator: Craig Bacon - University of South Carolina
- Chair: Amber L. Griffioen – University of Konstanz
5:00pm - 5:45pm Cocktail Reception (pre-registration & payment required)
The Morris Inn
5:45pm Buffet Dinner (pre-registration & payment required)
William and Mary Ann Smith Ballroom, The Morris Inn
7:00pm Amy Peeler – Wheaton College
- Chair: Hud Hudson – Western Washington University
(This talk is open to anyone registered for the conference, regardless of whether they registered for the dinner.)
Saturday, May 26
10:00am - 11:10am Helen De Cruz – Oxford Brookes University
"Working on the Margins - An Experimental Study of Philosophy of Religion, Personal and Social Identity"
- Commentator: Alicia Finch – Northern Illinois University
- Chair: Rebecca Chan – San José State University