All sessions will take place in the auditorium of the Notre Dame Conference Center (McKenna Hall), with the exception of the Friday after-dinner session which will be held across the street in the William and Mary Ann Smith Ballroom at The Morris Inn.
Please note that the University of Notre Dame is in the Eastern Time Zone.
Thursday, May 24
10:10am - 11:20am Teri Merrick – Azusa Pacific University
"Non-deference to Religious Authority: Epistemic Arrogance or Justice?"
- Commentator: Robin Dembroff – Yale University
- Chair: Christa McKirland – University of St Andrews
12:40pm - 2:40pm Lunch Break (on own)
2:40pm - 3:50pm Sameer Yadav – Westmont College
"Toward an Analytic Theology of Liberation"
- Commentator: Jonathan Russell – Chaffey College
- Chair: Koert Verhagen – University of St Andrews
4:00pm - 5:10pm Andrea C. White – Union Theological Seminary
"Analytic Theology in the Hands of Womanist Theology"
- Commentator: Jill Hernandez – The University of Texas at San Antonio
- Chair: Cristian Mihut – Bethel College
5:15pm Bus departs the conference center to transport speakers, commentators, and chairs to the Speakers’ Dinner.
Friday, May 25
11:00am - 12:10pm Kevin Timpe – Calvin College
"Defiant Afterlife–Disability and Uniting Ourselves to God"
12:10pm - 2:30pm Lunch Break (on own)
2:30pm - 3:40pm Katherine Dormandy – University of Innsbruck
"Disagreement from the Religious Margins"
- Commentator: Kelli D. Potter – Utah Valley University
- Chair: Oliver Crisp – Fuller Theological Seminary
3:50pm - 5:00pm Blake Hereth – University of Washington
"Transgender Embodiment and Afterlife Justice"
- Commentator: Craig Bacon – University of South Carolina
- Chair: Amber L. Griffioen – University of Konstanz
5:00pm - 5:45pm Cocktail Reception (pre-registration & payment required)
The Morris Inn
5:45pm Buffet Dinner (pre-registration & payment required)
William and Mary Ann Smith Ballroom, The Morris Inn
7:00pm Amy Peeler – Wheaton College
"Mary as Mediator"
- Chair: Hud Hudson – Western Washington University
(This talk is open to anyone registered for the conference, regardless of whether they registered for the dinner.)
Saturday, May 26
10:00am - 11:10am Helen De Cruz – Oxford Brookes University
"Intersectionality in the philosophy of religion: A theoretical analysis and focus group study"
- Commentator: Alicia Finch – Northern Illinois University
- Chair: Rebecca Chan – San José State University
11:20am - 12:30pm Joshua Cockayne – University of St Andrews
& Jack Warman – University of York
David Efird – University of York, Co-Author
"Shattered Faith: The Social Epistemology of Deconversion by Spiritually Violent Religious Trauma"