All sessions will take place in the auditorium of the Notre Dame Conference Center (McKenna Hall), with the exception of the Friday after-dinner session which will be held in the William and Mary Ann Smith Ballroom at The Morris Inn.
The Morris Inn is located on campus, directly across from the Notre Dame Conference Center.
The Sacred Heart Parish Center, located on the north side of campus, is an economical lodging option. Dorm style rooms are $25 per night.
Click here for a list of additional hotels in the area.
Places to Eat in Eddy Street Commons (within walking distance)
Other Nearby Restaurants (not within walking distance):
- Bonefish Grill: Seafood restaurant chain.
- Elia's Mediterranean Cuisine: A family-owned restaurant serving genuine home-style Lebanese cooking. There are several vegetarian options.
- Rocco's: Pizza and Italian food. A South Bend tradition.
Restaurants in Downtown South Bend (not within walking distance):
- Cafe Navarre: Upscale dining featuring farm-to-table French, Italian, and Spanish cuisine. Large bar area with great ambience. Located in a renovated bank building, which is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
- Fiddler's Hearth: An “authentic” Irish pub with live music several nights a week.
- South Bend Chocolate Café: Soups, sandwiches, and salads, as well as an ice cream shop and an espresso bar.
Please note that the University of Notre Dame is in the Eastern Time Zone.
- Complimentary self-parking is available in the BK1 (Bookstore West) lot. Pull up to the valet at The Morris Inn to receive directions and PIN code.
- Valet parking at The Morris Inn is $10 per day for events; $20 overnight.
Things to Do or See on Campus:
- Basilica of the Sacred Heart: Daily masses are at 11:30 am and at 5:15 pm on the weekdays, Saturday vigil is at 5:00 pm, and Sunday masses are at 10:00 am and 11:45 am. Feel free to attend a mass or to merely look around when a mass is not going on—there is usually a guide standing by to show you around. (Head north on Notre Dame Ave until it ends, then keep going—you can’t miss it)
- The Main Building (Golden Dome) (Next to the Basilica)
- Hesburgh Library and the Word of Life Mural (Touchdown Jesus)
- The Grotto: A 1/7th replica of the Grotto at Lourdes where the Blessed Virgin appeared to St. Bernadette. (Behind the Basilica; down some stairs).
- The Lakes: St. Mary’s and St. Joseph’s: a walk on the path around one of the lakes is about 20 minutes or about 3/4 mile. Also a lovely place to go for a run. (Just beyond the Grotto)
- Eck Visitors Center
- Hammes Notre Dame Bookstore: A nice place to sit and read, it has a café inside and also has a fairly large selection of books, as well as all kinds of Notre Dame paraphernalia. (Next to the Eck Visitors Center)
For more information, visit Notre Dame's online campus tour.