Each year, the Center offers a number of residential fellowships. For the 2017-2018 academic year, we are offering the following fellowships:
Up to 3 Research Fellowships (up to $70,000): For philosophers, theologians, or religious studies scholars working on topics that bear some connection to philosophy of religion. (Stipend may be used for salary replacement, research, and up to $5K for relocation.)
Up to 1 Visiting Graduate Fellowship ($25,000): For a philosophy graduate student from another institution who has serious research interests in philosophy of religion. (Note: Applicants for this fellowship are not expected to be doing dissertation work in philosophy of religion; nor are they expected to propose a fellowship project in that field. To be eligible, one need only have serious research interest in philosophy of religion.)
- Philosophers applying need not propose a project in philosophy of religion--projects need only bear some connection to the field. In recent years, we've funded work in metaphysics, epistemology, ethics, and history, for example.
- Notre Dame faculty are not eligible for Center fellowships.
- Applicants for Fellowships (other than Visiting Graduate) must have a Ph.D. prior to the application deadline.
- All application materials for these fellowships must be received by February 1, 2017.
- Please see FAQs for more information, including application instructions.