Each year, the Center offers a number of residential fellowships. For the 2018-2019 academic year, we are offering the following fellowships:
Alvin Plantinga Fellowship ($75,000): For a senior, established philosopher working on topics connected to philosophy of religion or analytic theology. (Stipend may be used for salary replacement, research, and relocation.)
Up to 2 Research Fellowships (up to $75,000): For philosophers, theologians, or religious studies scholars working on topics that bear some connection to philosophy of religion. (Stipend may be used for salary replacement, research, and relocation.)
Visiting Graduate Fellowship ($25,000): For a philosophy graduate student from another institution who has research interests in philosophy of religion. (Note: Applicants for this fellowship are not expected to be doing dissertation work in philosophy of religion; nor are they expected to propose a fellowship project in that field. To be eligible, one need only have research interest in philosophy of religion.)
- Philosophers applying need not propose a project in philosophy of religion--projects need only bear some connection to the field. In recent years, we've funded work in metaphysics, epistemology, ethics, and history, for example.
- We welcome applications from postdocs. You may request the entire stipend as salary, or divide it between salary and research/relocation funding.
- Notre Dame faculty are not eligible for Center fellowships.
- Winning applicants for fellowships (other than Visiting Graduate) must have a Ph.D. prior to the time of appointment (August 2018).
- All application materials for these fellowships must be received by February 1, 2018.
- Please see FAQs for more information, including application instructions.