All sessions will take place in the auditorium of the Eck Visitors Center on campus.
Thursday, May 3
11:10am - 12:30pm Christina Van Dyke - Calvin College
"Shiny Happy People: Aquinas on (Im)Perfect Happiness and the Limits of Human Nature"
- Commentator: Susan Brower-Toland - Saint Louis University
- Chair: Han-luen Kantzer Komline - University of Notre Dame
12:30pm - 2:00pm Lunch Break
2:00pm - 3:20pm Jonathan Jacobs - Saint Louis University
- Commentator: Thomas McCall - Trinity Evangelical Divinity School
- Chair: Alicia Finch - Northern Illinois University
3:30pm - 4:50pm Andrea C. White - Emory University
"The Phenomenal Face of God: The God Question in Jean-Luc Marion's Erotic Reduction"
- Commentator: Cristian Mihut - Bethel College
- Chair: Elizabeth Antus - University of Notre Dame
5:00pm Bus Departs Eck Visitors Center for Dinner at Tabor Hill Restaurant & Winery
7:30pm Hud Hudson - Western Washington University
"The Father of Lies?"
- Chair: Amy Seymour - University of Notre Dame
Friday, May 4
11:10am - 12:30pm L. A. Paul - University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill
"Family Planning is Not Rational"
- Commentator: Frances Howard-Snyder - Western Washington University
- Chair: Meghan Sullivan - University of Notre Dame
12:30pm - 2:00pm Lunch Break
2:00pm - 3:20pm Lea Schweitz - Lutheran School of Theology at Chicago
"Imago dei, Incarnation, and the Stakes for Mind-Body Dualism"
- Commentator: Jeffrey Snapper - University of Notre Dame
- Chair: Erin Kidd - Marquette University
3:30pm - 4:50pm Peter Martens - Saint Louis University
"Embodiment in Origen and Plato: Pre-Existent Souls and their Fall"
- Commentator: Trenton Merricks - University of Virginia
- Chair: Peter Forrest - University of New England
5:30pm Cocktails and Dinner at McKenna Hall, Lower Level
7:30pm Dean Zimmerman - Rutgers University
"Live, In Concert: Cannibal Corpse! or, Who's Afraid of Resurrection by Reassembly?"
- Chair: Brian Leftow - Oriel College
Saturday, May 5
10:00am - 11:20am Marc Cortez - Western Seminary
"The Human Person as Communicative Event: Jonathan Edwards on the Mind/Body Relationship"
- Commentator: Ian McFarland - Emory University
- Chair: Jesse Couenhoven - Villanova University
11:30am - 12:50pm Lucian Turcescu - Concordia University
"On Personhood in the Cappadocians and John Zizioulas"
- Commentator: Tamsin Jones - University of Victoria
- Chair: Georg Gasser - University of Innsbruck
12:50pm - 2:40pm Lunch Break
2:40pm - 4:00pm Timothy O’Connor - Indiana University, Bloomington
"Do Immaterial Souls Matter for Christian Theology?"
- Commentator: David Vander Laan - Westmont College
- Chair: Evan Fales - University of Iowa
Invited Faculty Participants
Billy Abraham, James Anderson, James Beilby, Godehard Brüntrup, Oliver Crisp, Kevin Diller, Trent Dougherty, Stuart Foyle, Carl Gillett, Stephen Grimm, Joseph Jedwab, Charles Mathewes, Jeremy Neill, Sam Newlands, Timothy Pawl, Andrew Pinsent, Alvin Plantinga, Michael Rea, Anastasia Scrutton, Thomas Senor, Aaron Sherwood, Eleonore Stump, Kevin Timpe, Alan Torrance, Gjsbert van den Brink, William Wood
Invited Graduate Student Participants
Charity Anderson, Andrew Bailey, Kenneth Boyce, Jamie Carter, Nevin Climenhaga, Manny Cota, Naomi Fisher, Matthew Getz, Adam Green, Matthew Lee, Faith Glavey Pawl, John Pittard, Kathryn Pogin, Luke Potter, Bradley Rettler, Blake Roeber, Meg Schmitt, David Squires, Julia von Bodelschwingh, Adam Wood, Eric Yang